This blog describes my journey exploring storytelling - words, images and the sensations they generate. The lot, basically.

Monday, December 27, 2004

I have a new credo. Or rather a new goal, the kind of goal that shapes more than your efforts. But first a little body building lore:


Back in the day when Arnold Schwarzenegger not yet had become the greatest body builder of all time, he had a serious problem with his progression. His calves were lagging behind the rest of his body in development. Imagine a huge guy on tiny little stick legs, sort of like Mr. Incredible. Good for Pixar, bad for the future Mr. Olympia, movie star and Governor of the bear state.


What to do? Arnold, always the one to be proactive about negotiating the obstacles in front of him, resolutely cut off the lower part of all his gym pants. Thus exposing his weak body part to everybody for them to ridicule and criticize. Why would you do such a thing? Well, the results motivated Arnold to train them like crazy, and soon enough they were not lagging in development. End of story. Problem solved!


So the way I am going to apply that little anecdote to my life, is by making a bold statement and making it as publicly as possible, so I will have no chance other than to make it happen. Or face a life time of ridicule.

I am going to be the WORLD'S BEST TEXTURE ARTIST IN 2010!

This I have put in every signature on every forum I am in, as signature on my business cards and emails and where ever else I could imagine, to make sure the statement is literally being shouted from the roofs. Scary stuff. But so far, the ridicule has been a bit on the puny side, which is okay. But just doing so has focused my every endeavour immensely. And progress follows in the wake of that focus.


So just bring on 2010, I will be ready!

No comments: